What is it?
An online store based in the US with the biggest range of mens and womens clothes, shoes, accessories I have ever gone through. The brands they stock are so diverse and include well known US brands like Rebecca Minkoff, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, DVF, rag & bone as well as international names and even Australian designers like sass & bide, one teaspoon and even minkpink. I am not even scratching the surface with these brands – if you look at their brands listing, it is huge. And yes, you will need more than a day to go through everything.
There’s a LOT of good stuff about these guys:
- My favourite – free shipping to Australia if you spend over USD$100, free express shipping if you spend over USD$300.
- The range of items – I’m saying it again – it’s HUGE. You can pretty much shop for everything here – basics, fancy dresses, denim, bags, shoes, sunnies, watches, swimmers, lingerie and even a little bit of make up.
- They have a price matching policy which is valid up to 30 days after your purchase so if you have bought something from Revolve and then find it’s cheaper somewhere else, they will match that price.
- They’re stock is constantly replenished so if you’ve been eyeing a particular item and it’s sold out, you can put in a request and they will notify you when it’s back in stock – usually it does come back in stock. I’ve only had a couple of instances where they couldn’t get it back for me.
- Frequent sales with thousands of items discounted – if you have a wishlist, then you can easily wait for the sales and grab your favourite items.
They used to have more frequent discount codes even up to 30% off but that has all but disappeared now as Revolve has become more and more popular. When I first started shopping there, 30% used to come up quite often. Now, the biggest I have seen is 20% off and even this is rare and excludes a lot of designers.
Shipping has also slowed down – I used to receive my goods within the week so say about 4 days. Last time I ordered, it took a little over a week which, with the increased volume of orders, is apparently the norm these days.
They have a permanent 10% off code. If you enter ‘tulip’ when checking out, you’ll get an additional 10% off most brands and includes sales items.
Also, remember that they bill you in USD. Whilst you can view the prices in AUD, this is indicative only and the amount you’ll end up paying will depend on current exchange rates as well as your credit card provider and their fees. With the bloody AUD dropping so fast, you need to take this into consideration before buying
These guys were probably the first international store I purchased from online. Back then, it wasn’t long since they had set up so customer service, shipping and discounts were fantastic! I couldn’t get enough and this is when I stocked up on True Religion jeans – I used to buy them at 30% off (yes the codes used to work on TR but they are now excluded) so paid about $260 or so and Myer used to sell the same ones for $500! But now, things have changed as Revolve has gained so much popularity across the globe – discounts are rarer, shipping has slowed down a little but customer service is still good.
I’ve never had any issues with the quality of the items or packaging and they email you each time the status of your order changes so you know where your order is up to. And you probably can’t beat these guys for range of goods – I will still happily buy from them given the sh*te choices we have in Australian chainstores ($50 for a polyester t-shirt from Sportsgirl?!). I just now wait for sales or some discount code before buying and tend to buy in one big lot to get my free express shipping.
What I’d love to have
Oh man this is a hard one because there’s sooooooooooooo many items there – how am I meant to go through it all and narrow it down?? Here’s some of my braver picks..